Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What the TICK?


I was busy doing my normal girl hair routine last Friday when I came upon an unexpected and rather disgusting find. As I was combing through Rylee's long beautiful hair the comb got caught on something, and she screamed. I parted her hair to find this.....

All she remembers me saying is "Oh my goodness, go get your boots on". I thought I was going to barf, right there, right on her - but I didn't thankfully. Although I was completely disgusted and shaking like crazy I did manage to snap a quick shot of the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in real life.

I took her right down to the hospital where 3 doctors and 3 nurses attended to the unwanted visitor, taking pictures and discussing how BIG it was. They removed it and sent us home with it in a little pot. We're assuming she picked it up in Waterton the previous weekend which is why it was SO DANG HUGE!

Rylee was kind of excited to take it to school for show and tell, Keira was over the moon and could hardly wait till Monday. It was something I'll NEVER forget and hopefully NEVER have to repeat!

2 comments:

  1. YUCK YUCK YUCK. I commend you for NOT barfing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you posted this actually. I have always wondered what they look like in case I ever found one on myself or L.

    ReplyDelete