Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Ouchie!


Do you ever feel that you visit the hospital perhaps more than you visit family? That's been my last month or so. We've had an infected cold sore type growth, fingers caught and cut in a slamming door, 'the tick', blood tests for Lyme's disease, blood tests for me and now the latest - poor Aylish.

Last Thursday morning I was getting ready for my ladies retreat when Aylish got her hand stuck in a mostly opened can (if that makes sense). She had managed to push it in and then trying to pull it out cut her finger really bad. It took me about a minute to free her hand from the can when I got there. I felt terrible, there was blood EVERYWHERE! I took her up to the hospital when they fixed her up and sent us home.

Unfortunately, a couple days later her cut got really infected and now she's on antibiotics to clear that up! Luckily, after another trip to the doctors yesterday (trip #5) they've said it's now starting to look like it should and seems to be healing nicely.

I think I've used up my monthly hospital allowance.....at least I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. alish sounds alot like jacob litterally 10 visits in a month for him when he was two... mackenzie's second birthday is in 19 days. heaven help me if she's anything like her brother\dad, i already know she is she's already had her first bout to the er when olivia dropped her on the pavement and cracked her head open (it was kenzies fault she was throwing a fit and threw herself backwords, what's a 5 yearold to to!?!? :) good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete