Saturday, July 3, 2010

One to watch.....

K, so I have this 5 year old that I'm a bit scared of.  I mean really, does she need to grow up and become a teenager?  She might look pretty sweet on the outside but let me tell you......SHE'S A SNEAKY LITTLE ONE!


Rylee is the BIGGEST tease already and today I discovered something else about her.  Here's how the conversation between Keira (6), Rylee (5) & mom went (they're in the bath having this conversation):

Keira - "When we're at the pool we always play this game to see who can hold their breath under the water the longest.  Rylee's really good at it"

Mom - "Really?"

Rylee -"I know Keira, you just need to keep practising that's all"

Keira - "Rylee can even beat all of my friends and some of them are 7 years old"

Rylee - "Maybe you should tell your friends to practise more"

Keira - "Yeah you're right, next time I see them at the pool I will tell them" 

Rylee - "Wanna try to beat me now?"

Keira - "Ok, but I might just beat you this time"

Mom - "I'll be the judge, ready, 1, 2, 3..."

Keira's head goes right under the water and she starts the race.  Rylee on the other hand sits there giggling that Keira thinks her head's under the water too.  As soon as Rylee sees Keira's about to come up, guess what.........yup - what a cheat!  I wonder how long before Keira figures this one out!!!!!

For now, I'm just going to try real hard to attempt to stay one or maybe 10 steps ahead of her.....wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. That is Martin Blood comming out! HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, this one made me laugh - so much so, that I almost shared it in our Sunday School class...then I figured it wasn't actually my child, so I should just keep it to myself!

    ReplyDelete