Friday, July 2, 2010

Am I a Not so Thrifty Mom?

So the other day I decided to go through some of my girls stuff and came across a butt load of jeans all sizes 4 & 5 (5 good pairs and 3 holy pairs in total).  Rylee is 5 & Keira is 6 but they both wear size 6 pants, however just in the length (Rylee can still fit 12-18 month pants as shorts).  My first instinct was to put all the good pairs away in a box for Aylish who is currently 2 1/2, they were all in excellent shape with little wear and tear to them.   However, today I walked passed them, picked them all up and in a moment of....I dunno what to call it, cut all eight pairs off into shorts.  Is that being un-thrifty?  Should I have saved the 5 good ones and only cut off the 3 with holes in the knees?  Should I even care or be second guessing my decision.....what do you think?  Surely shorts are better than pants anyway - - - right?  Besides, shorts take up less space in boxes.....I was only thinking practically, moving day is not far off.

2 comments:

  1. Umm... Lisa you did ALL 8?? You crack me up, well good thing Aylish is only 2 1/2 so HOPEFULLY she has a few years till she needs them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would blame it on the pregnancy brain - still thrifty though because at least you saved them in the first place!

    ReplyDelete