Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Snow Cold Sundaes

We recently joined a fabulous playgroup which my kids & I love.  Today was playgroup day at our house, we had a lot of fun (for real).

We did our own version of Snow Cakes (an idea Heather shared with me a few weeks ago - she found here): http://katherinemariephotography.com/blog/archives/7946

Cakes and trays with 9 kids under 7 seemed pretty crazy, so I tweaked it and it was fabulous!  Literally no mess to clean, it was so fun and they loved it.....all but Brody that is (he was far to mature to play with the snow - the ride on horsey was more up his alley)!  Here's some snaps of our day:











Here's some other things I've learned from my day:

  • clean snow tastes better than the dirty stuff-  kidding moms!
  • 3 boxes of kraft dinner is too much, 2 is probably more than enough!
  • 9 kids can drink 3/4 of a gallon of milk
  • boys cry and are every bit as dramatic as girls (news to me)
  • snow makes an excellent snack and it's super cheap
  • my cat is patient...VERY VERY patient (that one I did know)
I'm already looking forward to next time, what to do next?!?

2 comments:

  1. ok, my favorite comment of yours:
    " boys cry and are every bit as dramatic as girls".
    That made me laugh. (I'm assuming it was mostly Brody...)
    I'm also assuming that Brody drank most of your milk. He has an addiction problem. Seriously. I have to ration how much milk he's allowed to drink in a day. next time, I'll just bring the jug with me!
    Both of the kids had a blast - thanks for doing it!
    P.S. I loved the pictures of Brody. Thrilled as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brody was guilty of crying, I think all the boys cried at one point - except Max (go figure) but they all drank the milk. It was so fun, I really had a great tim, I'm glad they did too. Now I'm planning the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete