Monday, March 7, 2011

Gimme Your Thoughts

This last weekend we thought we'd try our hand at putting some final touches to a couple parts of our home.  I thought I had a 'before' picture of my wall of cupboards on file, so I didn't take one - turns out I couldn't find the one I 'in my brain' took, go figure!!!  

This is the best I could find:

Please look beyond the goofy children!
Very bare, very bland.  

This is how we've changed it up.


Does it work?



I think I love it, but I feel like maybe there's something missing.....or is it that I've looked at it too long trying to figure out if there's something missing?  

That was project #1, the second one didn't take much time, more of just putting things in the right place (we didn't do the rock, that's been done awhile).

Before


We still need to change the picture to the left of the fireplace, we have a nice one of the Welsh mountains to frame and hang but until then...

After


I feel like I almost have my upstairs the way I want it.  Just a few more touches to make.  Then, on to the basement!  By then I'll probably be bored with what's done upstairs an feel the need to change again...lol!

1 comment:

  1. I like it. The only thing Im wondering... are the flowers too tall?
    Your clock is beautiful and the greenery and basket complement it well- I am just wondering if the tall flowers are the odd man out?
    Just my thought!

    ReplyDelete