Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Confessions of a Doubting Mom

Confession time.  A few months ago Rylee said to me that she was having problems seeing things and her eyes were very blurry.  I completely dismissed it (oops, bad mom) and thought she was only saying it cause one of her best friends wears glasses.

I WAS WRONG!

We took everyone in to get their eyes tested last month and poor Rylee is +6.75 in her right eye - pretty much blind!  They did some extra tests on her eye and it turns out it doesn't even try to focus [that point was made just to make me feel worse I'm sure].  Now we're working on re-training her brain to use the right eye to try and correct things.  Her left eye is only a +2.25.  They gave her a lesser prescription for that right eye in the hopes that the brain recognizes that there is actually an eye there that isn't doing it's job.  Right now it's devoting little attention to it.  OOOOPPPPSSSSS!  Fingers crossed it works.

Anyway, yesterday we picked up her glasses and she is loving them.

Rylee - "the best part is that I can just see things now, like normal people I think"

Moral of the story - get your kids eyes checked (ages 3+)!

May her next 6 years of life be less of a blur :)

1 comment:

  1. Lisa she looks so cute in her glasses! and I love the above picture too! so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete