Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tis the Season

For Skating!

Ooof, it's hard work taking a 2 year old skating for the first time (and probably the 2nd and 3rd times too) but it's just so dang fun to see how excited they get!
Aylish is VERY independent and was insisting that she didn't need my help, that was until she actually stepped out onto the ice and tried to skate off.  She learned a quick lesson on holding on tight when things get tough!  Although it was a lot of work (my back is still aching today) it's so fun to do things with them that just makes them smile, and this did.

Side note - Richard is holding her hand for this picture but that's only because I didn't want him to have to take a picture and stand on his skates at the same time.....if you catch my drift.  Bless his heart, he is getting a bit better at skating though I still think it's hilarious that for our first date we went skating!  I don't think he truly thought that one through, Canadians are pretty much born on ice, he on the other hand was more like that movie star...you know the one, I think his name was Bambi!  

No comments:

Post a Comment