Monday, November 22, 2010

Shannon's Date

On Saturday Shannon and I braved the -20's temperature and ventured into Lethbridge for our date.  I must admit, I really didn't want to go (because it was freezing), but like most parents I'd do anything for my kids, and she was super excited about going, so we went.

She picked where we went for lunch - Firestone...yummy (apparently McDonalds is too babyish for her).  She's never been there before but knew I talk about it a lot so that was her choice.  She loved it, and loved the fact that she ordered herself a Dr Pepper - she took full advantage of the free refills too, let me tell you!  Every time the waitress asked if she wanted a refill she would say "yes please, it's Dr Pepper"!

We had to stop by Walmart after the date to find her some new winter boots cause believe it or not the ones we bought her in 2007 no longer fit!

Thanks for the date Shannon.....next time, you pay :)

2 comments:

  1. Shannon you crack me up. That is something I would totally do at your age! I hope you go enough Dr Pepper... but on your next date, ask for a 12 pack CASE of it. The you can have it in your room and drink it whenever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA~ I can SO see Olivia doing that in 2 years! :) good times!

    ReplyDelete