Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet Aylish


Most of you know Aylish and hopefully love her to bits just like we do and most of you know how persistent and strong willed this little girl is and has been since day 1. At times I find myself a bit scared of what she will present but so far I've managed to cope...at least most days. For awhile I have been wanting to take her bottles away, something she LOVES and makes nap times and bedtimes soooo easy. She only has them at bedtime and she's still my little girl but I knew that it was time for the change. Scared and nervous I put her to bed on Sunday night without one. I told her that her 'baba' was going to go to a baby that needed it. She looked at me quite unbelieving and I almost caved into those beautiful big blue eyes. I didn't though and for an hour and a half I heard her saying from her bed "Mommy baba's mine", in a little sweet voice that would break your heart. She never cried or got mad, just called from her bed as if I had forgotten to give it to her. She eventually fell asleep. I am very excited to say that she has not had a 'baba' since Saturday night. She doesn't even get a sippy to go to bed with. Just a drink of milk in a big girls cup before she goes down. Yesterday, though a little hesitant she even watched her cousin Annaliesse drink and then take her bottles home with her. I feel so happy to have passed this milestone.....next adventure....potty training.

2 comments:

  1. GO AYLISH! Annaliesse has been drinking out of her baba all day and night... with no leaks! WOW. I have to say, Aylish aunty LOVES your baba's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that'samazing for momma and alish! I cave quicker than a paper house when it comes to bedtime routine stuff... Olivia was 4 when i finally gotrid of her binki. I can't take the sadness! :)

    ReplyDelete