Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ffion and her first week

Well, she's here and she's beautiful!  Ffion arrived safely after a 4.5 hour labour from start of induction on Friday, September 10th, 2010 at 2:45pm.  She weighed in at 6lbs 12oz and measured 19 inches long (49 cm).

In my earlier predictions, I might have been dreaming with most of them, but honestly - many dreams came true!

She's a picture of health, she came on a day that suited most, she weighed 6lbs 12oz (now how's that for a prediction, 1oz off),  she did arrive after just one push and I did manage to get into my pre-pregnancy jeans.....ok, so I won't brag, it took me till day 3.


So far she is a fabulous baby.  She feeds between 9-10pm, sleeps till 4am, feeds, poops and then sleeps till between 8-9am.  How did I manage that one eh?  She is wonderful.



The girls adore her, especially Aylish.  She LOVES to help - sometimes a bit too much.  She has already had her straw from her pop in Ffion's mouth (of course Ffion was thirsty) and a couple of days ago she picked her up out of bed and brought her to me yelling "mom, I got her"!  If Ffion can survive Aylish I truly believe she will survive ANYTHING!

Shannon, Keira and Rylee love her to bits too.  There is always a queue to hold her, it's the first thing they want to do when they wake up in the morning, it's really sweet.  I am so lucky to have 5 beautiful, healthy little girls, I love each of them so much.

Richard is as usual, the perfect husband.  Always willing to help and support me.  I'm amazed at how blessed I am.



Mom and Dad have been here the past 3 weeks and it's been wonderful.  I love them so much and appreciate all that they do for me and my family.  Today is a sad day for me cause they flew home.  I know that in time we will be together again, I just wish it would hurry up and come!




So here she is, the newest member of our family.  
Ffion Lillian Clarice Worsey, the perfect little angel.

3 comments:

  1. She sure is beautiful! Congratulations on your predictions comming MOSTLY true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was near tears to see you so sad yesterday. I hope you feel better today. Ffion is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful Lisa. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete