Monday, August 23, 2010

The Patience of a 6 Year Old

I love it when you learn from your kids.  All of my girls are pretty good at helping each other and looking out for one another, but one of my little sweethearts goes far beyond expectations, and she's only 6.

Keira is always willing to help, especially if it's Aylish who needs her.  She is the first to help Aylish when she can't do something, if she's sad or needs someone to play with.  However, night before last she did something that I don't think many 6 year olds would EVER do.

All of the girls have their own bedrooms now and for some reason most mornings Aylish makes her way down to Keira's bedroom and climbs into bed with her.  Sometimes this is REALLY early, Keira never complains.

Back to the story......so at some point night before last Aylish makes her way down to Keira's bedroom and gets into bed with her.  Little did Keira know minutes later Aylish would throw up all over her pillow and bed.  Now what would you do if this was you and you were 6?  Here's what Keira did.  She climbed out of bed, got Aylish out of her puky jammies, washed her face and hands, put her in fresh jammies, stripped the bedding off her bed and placed it in the laundry room and then took Aylish back up to her bedroom and they went back to sleep.  Richard and I never even knew any of this was going on.  When I asked Keira in the morning why she didn't come and get me she said it was because she knew that I sleeping and she was already awake, she didn't want to make me tired too.

Keira is so patient and thoughtful, a true Christlike example to me.  I love you Keira xxx

3 comments:

  1. Keria just went up 3 notches in my favorite niece latter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, yeah that's crazy!
    How neat to see your daughters really love each other though. If cleaning up puke is involved, that's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Lisa's younger sister.

    Lisa (on the other hand) had a similar incident involving only herself when she was about 11 years old, and walked from the back of the basement, up the stairs, to the back of the house (past two bathrooms) with a half full bucket just to let me (not her mother) know that she had thrown up. I then told her she needs to clean up and go back to bed - which she did.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete